This is the standard Herm Sprenger® WH Ultra D Ring. Its diameter is 16mm and characterized by the following:
- Anatomically adapted KK ULTRA mouthpiece with a unique roller in the center section
- Improves chewing activity, concentration, and attention of your horse
- Supports the relaxation of the jaw musculature and the entire top line
- Allows direct pressure transmission on the tongue and lower jaw due to the fixed mouthpieces
- Lies steady in the horse’s mouth and is gentle on the corners of the mouth as well
- The lateral contact helps horses that tent to fall out whilst riding or approaching a jump
This bit has the innovative Sensogan mouthpiece metal. As a result of ongoing research and development, experts at Herm Sprenger have created Sensogan for a mouthpiece that offers all the benefits of Aurigan®, yet retains its discreet and elegant silver color much longer. Like Aurigan, Sensogan promotes a delicate and sensitive connection to the horse. It instills a pleasant taste, encourages salivation and promotes bit acceptance. It also significantly regulates the oxidation process to allow the bit to maintain its beautiful color.
Distinctively unique, this metal is a proprietary blend of copper, zinc and manganese. A reduced copper content allows some oxidation to occur, but the addition of manganese regulates and slows oxidation which in turn slows discoloration. Manganese is also an important micronutrient for horses, as a crucial component and activator of enzymes.